- Ordering & Payment
- Motorcycle Frame FAQ
- Handlebar Install FAQ
- Helmet FAQ
- Do you have a store I can visit?
- Our showroom is open Monday - Friday from 8:00AM - 4:30PM EST. It is located in our World Headquarters located at 2873 Interstate Pkwy, Brunswick, OH 44212. Back to top
- Out of Stock?
- One thing that sets Lowbrow Customs apart is we will only sell you parts we have on hand and ready to ship today! We do not pre-sell parts, take your money for parts we do not have on the shelf, and we do not drop ship (the only exception are Frames and Magnetos which are made to order). We sometimes run out of stock on items we carry for several reasons, but we can guarantee that if it is out of stock it is on order! Many of the cool parts we carry are made in small one man shops who can not keep up with large volume orders come from all over the world (UK, Italy, Taiwan, Japan, and more) and therefore take longer to supply. If you see an item you want, buy it, or tomorrow they may be gone! Keep in mind leaving items in your shopping cart does not put them on hold, only a completed order does that, so leaving items in your shopping cart does not do anything unless it is paid for. As soon as parts come back in stock we update the website immediately and they will be available for purchase. If the item is out of stock, enter your email in the Out Of Stock notification box and receive an email as soon as they item comes back in. Back to top
- What types of payment does Lowbrow Customs accept?
We accept credit card (Visa, Mastercard or Discover), debit card, and PayPal. We do not accept checks or money orders, however, feel free to call us to place a credit card order over the phone.Back to top
- Why was my card charged more than once?
- Chances are if this is why you are calling, you had an issue with a non-matching Billing address or CVC code when you were placing your order online which resulted in you receiving an error which read ‘AVS Mismatch’. Please be advised, any time you hit the Submit button, the transaction is sent to your bank for authorization. If you received this code, the transaction was still submitted to your bank for authorization but since the address (or any other billing information) was incorrect, our system didn’t allow it to go through. If you have a duplicate charge it should take 24-72 hours for the pending charge to drop off of your account . We cannot do anything to move this process along as it is handled by your financial institution. If you would like to call us though to verify you only have one order, please do so. Sorry for this inconvenience. Back to top
- Is LowbrowCustoms.com a secure site?
- Yes! We have a secure 128-bit encrypted checkout to ensure your personal data is protected. We have never had a single problem with any security issues, and always stay up-to-date with online security to make sure it stays that way. Back to top
- Do you offer dealer discounts?
Yes, we do offer dealer accounts. We only offer dealer pricing on Lowbrow Brand products. If you are interested in becoming a dealer of our parts, here is the link to dealer info.Back to top
- When will my order ship?
Orders ship out Monday - Friday 8am-4pm Eastern Standard Time, and typically ship out the same day or within 24 hours (not including weekends). Keep in mind if you order 2nd day air at 8pm EST at night that will not ship until the next day. If you need it by a specific date and are unsure of what service to choose feel free to call or email us and we will be glad to help out. Some custom order items such as hardtails and magnetos ship separately once completed, please refer to the listings for those items for current lead times.Back to top
- Domestic (USA) Shipping
- Our primary domestic shipping method is FedEx. We chose this method because it matches the service level we offer to all of our customers. We want to make sure the packages we ship have point by point tracking, insurance in case of an issue, that the package will get to you on time, and in great condition! We charge actual shipping based off of your order (weight and dimension) as well as your address. We do not add on any additional handling or service charges! USPS is only offered for lighter weight, low value shipments. We limit this because they do not offer true tracking and a offer a lower service level. We charge actual shipping rates and do not add on any additional handling or service charges! Back to top
- What if my package is lost or stolen?
- Lost or stolen packages need to be handled directly by the customer via the shipping company used. Once a tracking number shows “Delivered” it would be up to the customer to file any type of claims through UPS or USPS. Back to top
- International Shipping
- We ship Worldwide. FedEx is the best service with several options available depending on the country you reside in. FeEx offers excellent point by point tracking and is typically 3 - 4 days anywhere in the world. It costs a little more than some of the other options available, but you will know where your package is and you will be sure to receive it safely and fast. USPS First Class International typically takes 2-6 weeks and has minimal tracking, once it leaves the country it will not be updated until it clears customs. This is the cheap option for light low value packages, but you get what you pay for. USPS Priority International is faster and has better tracking, and typically arrives in 7 - 10 business days. The customs declaration number will not show an update until it is released from customs in your country. Back to top
- International Customs Brokerage Fees, Duties, and Taxes?
There may be additional customs brokerage fees, duties, or taxes based on your countries laws and customs regulations. We do not have any control over these, and it is your responsibility to know these. Any refused/abandoned packages will not be reimbursed, it is your responsibility as the buyer to pay these duties and fees.Back to top
- Will you lower the value on packages for customs?
We will not do this, we can not mark the value of your orders down. Even if you ask we can not do this and we have no control over any fees, duties or taxes your country or customs department may charge you. Please take this into account and if you are unsure research it with your customs department we are not familiar with every country's laws.Back to top
- Can I return an item for a refund?
Returns can be made within 90 days of purchase. We offer a full refund (excluding shipping) within the first 30 days, from 31-90 days we offer a store credit to your account. We accept returns only on new and unused merchandise. If a product has been installed or damaged the refund policy will not apply. We do not offer direct exchanges, if you need something else you will need to place a new order on the website. Click here for more information on returning an order.Back to top
- What if I received the incorrect part or a damaged item?
If you received the wrong item or something was damaged during transport please contact asap so we can help! Please contact [email protected] and she will get the issue resolved asap.Back to top
- Electrical Products
- We do not warranty electrical items, if there is any defect or fault we will help to try and figure the issue out, but any warranty offered or manufacturing defect will have to be addressed directly with the manufacturer. If an item is new, unused and unmounted in original packaging we will accept returns as usual. Back to top
- Can I exchange an apparel item for a different size?
We do not do direct exchanges, however you can purchase the proper size apparel item and return the unworn, unwanted one for a refund. See below for the proper return procedure. If apparel items have been worn or washed we will not accept returns.Back to top
- How do I return an item?
To return an item you will need an RMA number (Return Merchandise Authorization), please follow the instructions below to request return authorization:Back to top
Registered Customers: Please login and go to My Account, please select the order you wish to return, and select the return option. From there, please complete the form by selecting the item(s) to return, quantity, resolution, condition, and reason to return. Generally, we will process your return request within 48 business hours, and will contact you if further information is needed, next steps, and if it what approved.
Unregistered/Guest Customers: To request a return authorization Click here. Please fill out your order ID, Billing Last Name, and either your email address or zip code. Once your order has been located, please select the return option in the top right hand corner. From there, please complete the form by selecting the item(s) to return, quantity, resolution, condition, and reason to return. Generally, we will process your return request within 48 business hours, and will contact you if further information is needed, next steps, and if it what approved.
- Can I cancel my order?
An order can only be cancelled if the status is still “Processing”. Once an order is “Complete” the order can not be cancelled as it has already shipped and you would then need to get an RMA # if you no longer want the item. Please see How Do I Return An Item.Back to top
- Does your shop do custom fabrication?
We manufacture custom parts, but we do not do one-off fabrication projects.Back to top
- Motorcycles We Make Frames For
We do not offer any one-off hardtails or frames for different make and model motorcycles, only the models you see in the Motorcycle Frames & Hardtails section.Back to top
- British Frame Types, Years and Terms
'Unit' refers to unit Triumphs or BSAs. The 'unit' bikes have a motor and transmission that is one piece. Earlier 'Pre Units' have a transmission that is a separate piece from the engine. Unit 650 c.c. Triumphs were 1963 and later. The unit bolt-on hardtails also fit pre unit duplex frames, '60 - '62, which are characterized by the double-downtubes at the front of the frame.
Triumphs 1971 and newer are known as OIF or Oil-In-Frame models. They have a much thicker frame backbone and seat post, which serves as the oil tank. These OIF frames are different than the earlier styles and you cannot use a bolt-on hardtail on them. The rear section of the frame has to be cut and a weld-on hardtail welded in place in a jig by a professional welder.
Triumph unit bolt-on hardtails fit 1963 - 1970 bikes. '71 on up are known as Oil-In-Frame or OIF models, and you cannot use a bolt-on hardtail with these, the frames are different and would require a weld-on hardtail.
You can fit up to a size 140 tire in our hardtails or full frames without a problem. A wider tire will physically fit in the frame but you will have an issue in trying to keep the motor sprocket and the rear wheel sprocket in-line, and to keep the chain from eating at the side of the tire.Back to top
- Stretch refers to the length of the bike, based on the measurement from axle-to-axle on a stock bike. So a 4" stretch gives you 4" more length axle-to-axle than on your stock bike. If you go with a 0" stretch you will NOT have room to mount an oil tank inside the hardtail between the seat post and the fender/wheel. You would have to use a stock-type or side mounted oil tank. With a 2" stretch it gives you more room and allows you to use an approximately 5" diameter oil tank. A 4" stretch allows even more room and you can do a bit larger oil tank or still mount a 5" diameter tank with a little more room to spare so it isn't so tight. A 4" stretch gives you a nice line from the backbone of your stock front frame section right down to the rear axle, it keeps it pretty much one continuous line. Back to top
Drop refers to the ride height of your bike. When you choose a hardtail with drop, it is lowering the rear and of the bike. So for instance (measure your own bike to determine the actual ride height), if you happen to have 5" of clearance on a stock bike with stock wheels, and you install a hardtail with 2.5" of drop it will lower the rear of the frame so it has 2.5" of ground clearance. If you want your frame to sit level and you lower the rear you will have to either shorten your front end or rake it.Back to top
- Motorcycle Frame Shipping
Why am I being charged shipping even though a frame is over $100? If you read the description for the frames it says: "Frames are EXCLUDED from the free shipping over $100.00 special"
Frames are made-to-order and ship direct from David Bird's fabrication shop in the time stated on the product listing, when they ship we will email you tracking information.
NOTE TO AUSTRALIAN CUSTOMERS: If you are in Australia or New Zealand there may be additional charges other than calculated upon checkout. These countries have strict import laws regarding package dimensions so depending on the size of the hardtail ordered it may have to ship freight or there may be additional charges. We will email you with an update after the order is placed and we can calculate dimensions and costs.Back to top
- Will these bars fit my bike?
This is an ambiguous question. Which bars? What motorcycle? How tall are your risers? How short are your cables? If you really want our advice, please be thorough as possible in your inquiry. Email our Tech Department your bike specs (fork style, motorcycle make/model, hand controls specs, etc.) This information is required to make an accurately assess your fitment dilemma.Back to top
- Will I need to get new cables for my 20XX Sportster?
Not all factory bikes are exactly the same, and there is no way to know whether your ten-year-old machine has aftermarket cables, wires, brake lines, etc. Use this following rules-of-thumb when looking at Biltwell handlebars for your moto: - Biltwell Tracker, Moto, Clubman, Keystones and Low Drag bars generally fit stock-length wires, cables and triple trees on late-model Sportsters - Biltwell Window, Frisco and Chumps generally fit stock-length wires, cables and triple trees on Dynas and Softails - Apes generally require longer cables and wiring to fit any bike with standard hand controls (brake and clutch levers, for example)Back to top
- What are the dimensions of the Biltwell bars I want to buy?
Every Biltwell handlebar listing in our web store includes a blueprint in the photo gallery. These blueprints show width, height, back sweep and other measurements for every bar in our line.Back to top
- What is the difference between dimpled and non-dimpled handlebars? How do I know which style is right for my motorcycle?
Dimples are the 2-inch-long indentations on the underside of each handlebar end on select Biltwell handlebar models. The wire clusters on stock Harley-Davidson electrical switches rest inside these dimples and are held in place by the bar clamps on stock H-D brake and clutch levers. If you intend to keep your stock H-D switchgear and hand controls, dimpled bars are the right choice. If your bike has no front brakes, a foot clutch, no bar-mounted electrical switches or similarly custom control setup, non-dimpled (smooth) handlebars are the way to go.Back to top
- Can I narrow dimpled bars?
You can, but doing so may compromise the function and safety of your throttle. Reason: the tool that puts the dimple in the bar increases the outside diameter of the tubing slightly. If you want to make your handlebars as narrow as possible, use non-dimpled bars and install aftermarket controls such as Kustomtech.Back to top
- Why does the tag inside my DOT helmet not match the size on the box?
The size you see listed on the inside of the helmet is the "discrete size". That is the measurement of the internal circumference of the helmet's EPS safety foam with no comfort liner. It confuses many people and is a new requirement by the DOT that we cannot leave out.
You will notice that even though the numbers are different the tag is marked with the corresponding size of S, M, L, XL, XXL, etc. The comfort liner takes up some room making up the sizes on the sizing chart, thus the different values. Our sizing chart that you used is correct. However, with fitted items, the sizing chart is still not going to work 100% for everyone as no two heads are identical and head shape matters just as much as the dimension acquired when measuring your head.Back to top