When building a chopper, custom, or bobber you want to keep everything tight and minimal as possible. A magneto allows you to run your...
When building a chopper, custom, or bobber you want to keep everything tight and minimal as possible. A magneto allows you to run your bike without a battery, eliminating a ton of extra wiring and components. Morris G5 Magneto for Big Twin Harley Davidsons 1936 - 1969 The Morris -5 series of impulse coupled magnetos offer incredible starts. Fully automatic and compatible with kick or electric start. Here's the secret to how they work - A spring winds up, then at the proper retarded timing moment, spring is released and magneto blasts an incredibly hot spark for starting, no matter how slow the motor is turning. This fully Automatic Morris Magneto is made specifically for 1969 and earlier Big Twin Harley-Davidsons - Same features as our M5, and more.
- No interference problems with cylinders, frame, and relay boss.
- Also fits aftermarket Gen/Alt cases, in the conventional distributor hole. The startin'est thing around!
- Comes standard with a black magneto cap and satin finish.
- Magneto kill terminal (stud) faces inward.
- All magnetos are made to order by Morris Magnetos. Please allow 1-2 weeks preparation before your order ships.
No returns are accepted on magnetos as they are made-to-order.
NOTE: S&S complete engines, '58 -'60 stock H-D Panheads, and '65 -'69 with stock H-D crankcase, contact Morris for possible fitment considerations.
NOTE: On '58 and '59 with original H-D Pan heads, lower fin clearance may impede installation. On '65 -'69 stock H-D crankcase, remove 1/4" stud from mount hole, and second hole may need to be added.